CEITEC Nano core facility
The one of the main ideas of CEITEC is to centralize unique scientific instruments to the several well-equipped laboratories – Core facilities. Each of Core facilities provides carefully selected scientific instruments and technologies which are shared by internal and external users: both scientific community and private sector. The CEITEC BUT core facility, CEITEC Nano, provides access to a comprehensive suite of tools and processes for nanofabrication, nanocharacterization and structural analysis is situated in clean rooms.
Nanofabrication and nanocharacterization cleanroom
- nano/micro-lithography and fabrication processes
- complex analysis of nano/microstructures (morphology, composition, structure and electrical, magnetic,and optical properties)
- Optical and electron beam lithography based systems (mask photolithography, UV direct laser writing – Heidelberg DWL66FS, e-beam lithography – Tescan MIRA3 + interferometric table)
- Lithographic pocessing line (spin coaters, hot plates, ultrasonic bath)
- Inspection instruments (profilometers, optical spectroscopy and microscopy)
Etching & Deposition:
- Deposition by sputtering and evaporation techniques and Atomic Layer Deposition
- Reactive Ion Etching techniques (Plasma stripper)
Packaging & Testing:
- Wire bonding machine
- Optical spectroscopy and spectroscopic ellipsometry
- Raman spectroscopy (microRaman spectroscopy, Tip Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy), photoluminescence
- FT-IR Microscopy
Microscopy / Analysis:
- Scanning Probe Microscopy (Atomic Force Microscopy, Scanning Tunneling Microscopy, metrology SPM, …), Scanning Near-field Optical Microscopy (Nanonics MultiView 4000)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (Tescan Mira3, Tescan Lyra3)
Nanolithography / Nanomanipulation:
- FIB/SEM system with nanomanipulators (Tescan Lyra3 XMH)
Electrical & magnetic measurements:
- Low temperature physical properties measurement system
The Core Facility of Structural Analysis Laboratory is equipped with top-class instruments for transmission and scanning microscopy, microanalysis, and X-ray diffraction analysis.
- X-Ray Powder diffractometer Rigaku Smart Lab equipped with high temperature chamber up to 1600°C, low temperature chamber down to -190°C and high temperature reactive chamber up to 900°C.
- X-Ray diffractometer (with rotating Cu anode) for thin films measurements, Rigaku Smart Lab equipped with high temperature C-dome chamber up to 1100°C, software for qualitative and quantitative analysis, crystallite size and lattice strain analysis, texture and stress analysis, etc.
- High resolution transmission electron microscope (HR TEM) with the information limit better than 0,15 nm in TEM and 0,35 nm in STEM mode. Equipped with high resolution EELS and EDS spectrometers.
- High resolution scanning electron microscope (HR SEM) with sub-nm resolution, capable of imaging at very low landing energies of primary electrons (of the order of tens of volts), in-lens detection of SE and BSE. Equipped with STEM detector and EDS + EBSD analysers.
- Combined focussed ion beam/scanning electron microscope (FIB/SEM), with high-level ion as well as electron column. Equipped with gas injection system, nanomanipulator, EDS and EBSD system.
- Various sample preparation tools for SEM and TEM samples, as well as samples for light microscopy (disc grinders and polishers, ion polishers, etc.).