- Advanced microscopy and spectroscopy platform for research and development in nano and microtechnologies (Intersectoral national project, TACR 2012 – 2019). Project pages.
- Control and application of plasmon interference patterns (GACR, project No. GA15-21581S, T. Šikola)
- Novel Wide Bandgap Semiconductor Materials and Devices (TACR-ε, project No. TH01011284, T. Šikola)
- Development of Novel Technologies for Trench Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors (TIGBT) Manufacturing (TACR-ε, project No. TH01010419, P. Bábor)
- Self-organized functional layers of molecular quantum bits (MŠMT/DAAD, project No. 7AMB15DE005, J. Čechal)
- Fabrication of magnetic metamaterials by focussed ion beam direct writing (GACR/FWF, project No. ??, M. Urbánek)
- Controlling the magnetic phase transition in spatially confined structures (GACR, project No. 16-23940Y, V. Uhlíř)
- Tuneable magnetic materials based on heterostructures featuring a first-order magnetic phase transition (SoMoPro, project No. ??, V. Uhlíř)
- Semiconductor nanowires for mid-IR and THz spectral regions (GACR, project No. 16-16423Y, M Kolíbal)
Recently finished projects:
- Mapping of localized plasmonic resonances on nanoantenas (GACR 2012 – 2015, T. Šikola).
- Universal SEM as a multi-nano-analytical tool (International project under 7FP of EU, 2012 – 2015). Project pages.
- Growth of semiconductor nanowires with optimized functional properties (GAČR, project No. GPP108/12/P699, M. Kolíbal)
- GACR (Urbánek): the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic (project No. GPP102/12/P443
Main finished projects:
- 2 European TEMPUS projects in the field of advanced material technologies which involved 13 universities (1991–94 and 1995–96, respectively)
- Development of In-situ Monitoring Technologies for the Control of Advanced Surface Processing System, project COPERNICUS (1995 – 97)
- 5 international Kontakt projects: coopration with Arizona State University, 1999 – 2001), Technische Universität Wien, 2001 – 2002, 2004 – 2005), Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, 2003 – 2004, 2005 – 2006).
- Plasmon antenna resonances investigated using electron energy loss Spectroscopy, The Royal Society grant (BUT – Imperial College, 2009 – 2010).
- 2 major national cooperative projects: Structures for the fundamental research – structures for nanophotonics and nanoelectronics, (2006 – 2011), Functional hybrid nanosystems of semiconductors and metals with organic materials (2007 – 2011), and 11 other national grant projects.